Sunday, April 10, 2011

Theatre, theatre.


Theater is one of the genres in literature. For me theater is one of the most interesting genre in literature. On the 19th February 2011 me and my friend went to PJ Live Arts @ Jaya One to watch an interesting play entitle “D’Arranged Marriage”. I never watch a theatre before so this was my first experience of watching live act. I had to go all the way to Petaling Jaya, the place where I never been to before. But for the sake of learning I went there with my friends. I arrive early and eagerly waited for the play to start.
“D’Arranged Marriage” is a one-man stand-up comedy performed by Tarun Mohabhai from New Zealand. The comedy tells the story of 29 year-old Sanjay Gupta who stays with his parents Indian immigrants, Manhur and Pushpa and how he avoids the issue of an arranged marriage since he was 10 years old. As is well known, arranged marriages are a major part of Indian culture.
Simple story, funny acting plus the singing and dancing are what made the show a great comedy to watch. It was really a good night filled with lots of Indian stereotype jokes. I definitely laugh out loud (literally) at all the funny words and moves Tarun keeps throwing at the audience for a full 90 minutes, non-stop.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment